Please try the following steps to see if they help with this issue:
1) Make sure your game console is set to output audio via the cables you are using.
Solution: The PlayStation 3 (PS3), Xbox 360, and other game consoles have various options for audio output. Make sure you have selected the right audio output option for Elgato Game Capture HD to use.
When using the PS3 with Elgato Game Capture HD, make sure you set the Audio Output settings to Audio Input Connector / SCART / AV MULTI
You can refer to this article for more details:
When using the Xbox 360, you can refer to this article:
For an HDMI connection with your Xbox 360, try these settings:
1) Start the Xbox 360 console without a disc in the disc tray.
2) Go to Settings and select System.
3) Select Console Settings, and then select Audio.
4) Select Digital Output, and then select Digital Stereo
2) You may be using Component, Composite or S-Video connections, but forgot to attach the red and white Analog Audio cables.
Solution: Make sure that the red and white Analog Audio cables are attached to your video source, and to the A/V Adapter Cable that's connected to Elgato Game Capture HD.
3) Make sure that Elgato Game Capture HD software is not muted.
Solution: Elgato Game Capture HD has a Mute button, at the bottom right corner of the Capture section. If Mute is selected, then no audio will come out of your computer, but audio will still play on your passthrough TV.
There will be a red slash across the Mute button, if muting is turned on:
Unmute Elgato Game Capture HD if you want audio on your TV and the computer at the same time. Please note that the audio coming out of the computer will be delayed from the audio coming out of the TV.
4) Elgato Game Capture HD software may have a Game Audio level that's too low, or muted.
Solution: Check the Game Audio section of the Elgato Game Capture HD software to make sure the audio is set to use the right volume level, and is not muted.
5) Your may be using HDMI video with Analog Audio cables, but the "Analog Audio" setting is turned off.
Solution: If you are using an Xbox 360 with an HDMI cable, and red and white Analog Audio cables, make sure the "Analog Audio" setting is not turned off:
6) Your computer may be set to the wrong volume.
Solution: Check your computer to make sure that your computer is set to use the right volume level, and is not muted.
7) Your TV may be set to the wrong volume.
Solution: Check your TV to make sure that your TV is set to use the right volume level, and is not muted.
8) Make sure that you're using a HDMI cable with your TV or Display, and not a HDMI to DVI adapter cable.
Solution: DVI connections are video only - audio will not be transmitted. Use an HDMI cable connected to your TV, so that audio and video can be transmitted.
9) The Elgato Gaming hardware may need to be reset.
Solution: Unplug the Elgato Gaming hardware from the Mac or PC, and video source. Wait a minute, and then attach everything again.
10) The Elgato Game Capture HD software may need to be reset.
Solution: Quit the Elgato Game Capture HD software, and then launch it again.
11) Make sure your computer meets the System Requirements for Elgato Game Capture HD software.
Solution: See these articles for the System Requirements.
Elgato Game Capture HD System Requirements
Elgato Game Capture HD60 System Requirements
12) The Elgato Game Capture HD software may need to be updated.
Solution: Use the Check For Updates feature in the Elgato Game Capture HD software, to download the latest version.
Or, download the latest version from this page:
13) The Elgato Game Capture HD software may need to be uninstalled and reinstalled.
Solution: If you are using Windows, use the Windows Uninstaller to remove the Elgato Game Capture HD software.
If you are using a Mac, then erase the Elgato Game Capture HD application.
Once the software is removed on your Mac or PC, then download the latest version from this page:
If none of these steps help, then please contact Elgato Technical Support for further troubleshooting.
You can visit http://help.elgato.com to report your problem. Please let us know that you tried the steps in this article.