The login process uses an embedded web browser session, that we put into Elgato Game Capture HD to make things easy.
On the Mac side, we use WebKit (a part of Safari).
On the Windows side, we use IE (Internet Explorer).
What follows is the normal procedure to login or sign up for Twitch, and then Troubleshooting tips if something goes wrong.
Twitch - Sign up and Login
Elgato Game Capture HD now has a Live Streaming section. When you first start the software, Live Streaming is not yet setup.
To use Live Streaming, you will first have to create a new Twitch account, or enter your existing Twitch account. To start that process, press the "+" button next to the Account option.
Choose Twitch from the list of services.
A window will appear, allowing you to Log In to your Twitch account.
If you already have a Twitch account, then enter your Username and Password.
Afterwards, you will be given a chance to Authorize Game Capture HD to use your account. Press the purple Authorize button to continue.
If you do not already have a Twitch account, then press the Sign Up tab. You will then be able to select your Username and Password.
After signing up for a new Twitch account, you will be given a chance again to Authorize Game Capture HD to use your account. Press the purple Authorize button to continue.
Once you are logged in and authorized, your Twitch account will appear in the Live Streaming section of Elgato Game Capture HD.
Twitch - Sign up and Login Troubleshooting (Part 1)
There are some rare problems that may happen to the embedded web browser window, when you try to Sign Up to Twitch via Elgato Game Capture HD, or Login to your account:
1) The window might appear as all black
2) The window might not render properly (parts of the window, graphics or text missing)
3) The window might not accept your login credentials
4) The window might refresh itself over and over
5) There may be a 422 or 1020 error
Usually, to solve these problems, you need to go to Safari or Internet Explorer, and try some simple steps. If the first step doesn't work, then try the next one:
1) Log out of Twitch in Safari
2) Clear the Safari cache
3) Erase any cookies specifically related to Twitch in Safari
4) Restart your Mac
5) Try to use Elgato Game Capture HD to log into Twitch again
1) Run the Microsoft Fix Internet Explorer web-based tool:
2) Reset the IE 9 Settings to default.
3) Try to login again using Elgato Game Capture HD.
4) If you are using Windows 10, and the Edge browser, visit this page:
You don't have to Clear everything - just choose "Cookies and saved website data" and "Cached data and files".
Twitch - Sign up and Login Troubleshooting (Part 2)
If you have problems using Twitch with Elgato Game Capture HD software for Windows, these steps can sometimes help.
1) Open your default internet browser then clear your cache.
2) After that, please make sure that you remove the Twitch account from the Elgato Game Capture HD software. You can do this by selecting the account and clicking the "-" button. (If you are using a clean install of the software, you should not need to remove the account if it was uninstalled correctly.)
3) Go to the add account section of the Elgato Game Capture HD software. Click on the "+" button to add an account.
4) Hold down the Control (Ctrl) key on your keyboard, while clicking the Twitch logo. Add your account through this method. Repeat this step when you click to verify the account (hold the Control (Ctrl) while clicking the login button)
5) Adjust stream settings accordingly, then attempt to live stream to Twitch.
Contacting Elgato Support
If these steps don't help you with your Twitch Sign Up or Twitch Login problem, then please contact Elgato Support via this address:
Include the details of what steps you tried, and what the results were.