The major new features are:
• Text Overlays: add static or dynamic text, or read text from local files. This also enables integration of things like Twitch Alerts Stream Labels, Snip for displaying the currently playing song, and more.
• Video Overlays: add a local video file to a scene.
• New Software Encoder: this dramatically improves performance of exports and for streaming when using software encoding.
• Option to increase video encoding quality for live streaming on very fast PCs.
• Facebook Live Support: stream directly to your Profile, a Page or a Group.
• Restream.io Support: stream to multiple destinations at once (e.g. Twitch and YouTube).
• Latest versions of Facebook, Twitch and YouTube APIs.
• Various performance and stability improvements
You can download the software here:
Elgato Game Capture HD 3.5 for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
Please note that this version will only work on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 64-bit systems.
You will not be able to use Elgato Game Capture HD 3.5 on Windows 7.
You will not be able to use Elgato Game Capture HD 3.5 in OS X on any Mac. There is separate beta software for OS X, which has a different feature set. More updates for OS X beta software will be available in the future.
For a long time you have been asking for an easy way to add text to Curated Scenes and your own overlays. It is now possible and extremely easy to do! Check out this video for a quick introduction to Text Overlays in Elgato Game Capture HD 3.5:
We’ve also added the option to import text from local files, which opens up support for popular features like Twitch Alerts' Stream Labels. Check out this tutorial to see how easy it is to add Stream Labels to your content:
You can also use text overlays with other 3rd party programs, such as Snip, allowing you to add a now playing widget to your streams. Here’s how to set up a now playing widget:
Do you have a clip you want to share on stream, or maybe an awesome intro and outro scene you want to use? With Elgato Game Capture HD 3.5, it is now possible to add mp4, ogg and webm files to your scenes. Once again, here’s a video showing how this works:
More Streaming Destinations
Using Elgato Game Capture HD 3.5, you can now stream directly to Facebook. You can stream to your timeline, groups, events or any page you are an administrator of. We’ve also added support for Restream.io, making it easier than ever to stream to multiple destinations at the same time, for example YouTube and Twitch or Twitch and Facebook.
Elgato Game Capture HD 3.5 adds a new software encoder that increases streaming quality while at the same time decreasing CPU usage. It also decreases the time it takes for your recordings to export by up to 20%. And it’s not just software encoding that’s getting a bump with this update. We’ve improved encoding quality and stability for owners of Nvidia and Intel GPUs as well.