To check whether your camera is compatible with Cam Link, you don't need to own Cam Link.
- Your camera needs to output video via an HDMI port. Most cameras have a mini or micro HDMI output jack.
- You need to have a cable that connects your camera from the video output jack to a standard HDMI port.
- Your camera's output needs to be 720p or 1080p.
- Connect your camera to any HDTV or HDMI monitor. Check that the HDMI output is "clean" — meaning whether the extra information overlays can be disabled, Most likely you'll need to check with your camera's manual to find the menu item that turns off all overlays.
- For DSLRs, check whether your camera can be operated continuously. Check with your camera's manual whether you can disable battery save mode. Some cameras also always power down after a set period of time of continuous operation, to safeguard the camera's sensor.
- Can your camera be powered by an external power supply while outputting video, and while mounted on a tripod?
Check the video below for more details about compatibility.