Elgato 4K Capture Utility Release Notes - Software Download Links
With this release we're bringing a powerful new feature to 4K Capture Utility. Smart Folders are folders inside the library that can be customized to show only the videos which match a certain criteria that you can define. Folders can be setup to show only 4K videos, or videos shorter than 10 minutes, videos recorded in 60fps or with a specific tag. The list goes on and on.
New library folder structure
Together with Smart Folders, the library structure has changed. Each video is now placed inside a folder with its corresponding info file and a new project file. These folders are organized by the game title for easier sorting. This new structure will enable us to add more functionality to 4K Capture Utility in the future without cluttering up the library.
Within the folders of recorded videos there will now be a new file with the extension .aaf (Advanced Authoring Format). This is a project file that can be opened by Adobe Premiere, VEGAS Pro and other popular video editing software. Now, instead of dragging and dropping videos, simply right click on the video in the 4K Capture Utility library and open it in your preferred video editing software.
- Stream Link has been updated to provide greater performance and reliability.
- Recording with the AMD encoder is working again.
- SD video (480p and 576p) is no longer distorted in the preview and recordings when using NVIDIA GPUs.
- Recording with 4K60 Pro with high framerate inputs such as 120Hz and 144Hz are smooth again.
- Lots of other bug fixes and improvements.