Key Light is a device that requires both hardware and software setup.
It comes with a detailed Quick Start Guide in the box, but here is some additional information for you.
• The Key Light panel has 4 mounting screw holes - one on each edge. You can choose the one that best meets your needs.
• Tighten the clamp to your desk, but do not over tighten.
• When loosening a grip on the pole, it might take a small amount of effort to start the process. However, you shouldn't have to use too much force.
Software and Pairing
Key Light can be paired to a 2.4 Ghz Wi-Fi network using a macOS, Windows or iOS device that features a Wi-Fi connection.
You only need to pair Key Light once. After that, it will be connected to your network, even after you turn it off and on again many times. Then, you can control it via software.
Key Light is controlled using the Control Center software for macOS or Windows.
Visit the Elgato.com Downloads page, and select Control Center.
Control Center For macOS
Control Center for Mac:
For information on how to pair your Key Light to your Mac, see this article:
Key Light – Pair Using macOS
Control Center For Windows
Control Center for PC:
For information on how to pair your Key Light to your PC, see this article:
Key Light – Pair Using Windows
Key Light and Stream Deck
To control Elgato Key Light via Elgato Stream Deck, you will need to download two things:
• Elgato Stream Deck software version 4.0 or later
• Elgato Control Center software version 1.0 or later
See this article for more information:
Key Light – Control Via Stream Deck
If you are not able to pair Key Light to a network, the network may be incompatible.
To find out if your Wi-Fi network is compatible, please see this article:
Key Light – What network types are compatible?
Troubleshooting the Pairing Process
If Key Light does not appear when trying to control or pair via Control Center or phone, the steps in this article can help:
Key Light – Not Found By Control Center